Jul 24, 2008

Alaska Bound

By now many probably know that I am going to be in Alaska for 6 months and how crazy is it to leave the family for that long. Well, I do get to come once a month for visits, but that may not seem enough. As part of the Summit Program I am in at work we are to do two assignments (4 - 6 months) and a three month classroom component...this summer. I have completed my first assignment and this will be my final one. This program is a new one and 20 individuals were hand picked to participate in the very first class. We are learning to be Project Managers and are kind of fast tracked in this role.

Alaska will be awesome, but I will miss my family, sunlight and warm winters. I found out that the ward I will be in, Inlet View Ward starts at 3pm, but the time may be changing according to their ward website. When I saw that my head dropped and thought 2pm was bad, but 3 is insane. Hopefully, it will go to like 8 or 9am.

I leave next Thursday night for a home finding trip to Anchorage for the weekend. Pictures will be taken and posted. I plan to have posts and many pictures of my time in the great white north. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Coty said...

I'll stay tuned...

Brendan & Tatem said...

sounds like fun, If you have any long layovers in seattle let us know.

-Brendan

Jack and Lindzi said...

Hey Codi, it's your cuz Lindzi. I found your blog and wanted you to know I have started one too. It is lindziscorner@blogspot.com. Your kids are getting so big and so cute! Love ya, Lindzi
PS. Andi is going to have her baby any day now!

Emily said...

Coby--we'll do our best to watch out for your lovely wife while you're gone (although somehow it seems she always ends up taking care of everyone else? . . .) At least you'll have lots of time on your hands to make sure you don't miss any upcoming Survivor episodes.