Aug 7, 2008

It's Electric (boogey, oogey, oogey)

This past week has been crazy and EXPENSIVE as we do our final planning, shopping, packing, and over-all preparation for our trip to Tahoe! The kids all earned their points (chore chart stuff) to get the desires of their little hearts! Chaz finally got the DS Lite he has been BEGGING for since last April. Aedan earned the new Vtech Cyber Pocket game system. Poor Gavin gets the hand-me-down "My First LeapPad", but he got a new "Cars" cartridge and booklet and he will be the "master" of the 5-in-1 joystick game in the van. To be honest, these were not only because the kids earned the points, but because we hope this will make the 3 days car ride to Tahoe and 3 day car ride home a bit easier. The fact that we can watch movies in the van just isn't as cool as it once was (if only they had done car trips when I was a kid - no movies and the FIRST GameBoy came to our family when I was a teenager!).


Here is the day after we got the new stuff. It was a good day to have it because that was "Tropical Storm Edouard" day. Although it wasn't as big a deal as people thought it might be - it was still rainy.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

What I did this summer was buy a bunch of little stuff and I wrapped it like presents. Every so often the kids got to open a present, and it really helped with all the driving. Mostly little things like coloring books and crayons, new books, stamps, legos, little figures to play with.... Really they just loved to open the stuff- didn't care what it was. Momsminivan.com has some great travel toys too. So that's my 2 cents worth!

Alabama Apples said...

How fun! I think about our trips, too. Definitely less in the area of entertainment! I hope all goes well on your trip!

Annie said...

I hope that you all got home safely and without to many glitches. It was fun to see you guys again and see the kids. We are ready to do it again soon. Have a fun first week of school. Take care and update on Tahoe. I'll send your pictures to you that I have on my camera send me your email address to christiansen11@gmail.com.