Jul 21, 2008

The ONLY Constant...CHANGE!

It all started a about a month ago when...well it actually started in February when Coby accepted his new job. He has been in the "Summit" program all summer long. This is a program to train 20 hand-picked people to become Project Engineers - in other words it is to get them ready to manage. When he was hired the program was still in development stages and so we knew that he would be in the program, but didn't know much else. Although the program is a HUGE boost for his career, it has thrown a couple of "wrenches" in family life. He isn't able to travel to Lake Tahoe in August with us because he has to stay for the program and then once he started the program he was informed that he would need to complete two 6-month assignments.

Well, on June 19th as I walked out the door to go to take the kids to the pool (our morning ritual) Coby was on his way to Louisiana for a "field trip". I had the most peaceful feeling come over me. After the peace and calm dissipated a bit I was worried about Coby...it was such a calming feeling that I honestly thought he was going to get hurt (car wreck, site accident, etc). I felt the peace and calm all day and anticipated his call that night (it was an over-nighter) hoping that the report would be A-OK! When he called, he was fine. Nothing exciting had happened on the drive over and the site tour was great. He had one tidbit of news to tell me - the 6-month assignment that he was probably going to get was in ALASKA!! I told him "sounded fun", etc and after a bit we ended the call. The next morning when the calm feeling had completely worn off I was wondering what I was thinking when I said, "sure, Alaska sounds great!"

Well, time has passed and Coby is preparing to go to Alaska in September. The rest of us will remain in TX - Chaz starts Kindergarten, Aedan will be in Preschool & I have settled in here. It wasn't until I was talking to my friend about the happenings around the time that he got the assignment and it dawned on me that the most likely reason I felt the peaceful calm flood over me was because Heavenly Father knew that Coby would call that night and inform me that ALASKA would be his new place of residence for SIX MONTHS!

What a loving Heavenly Father to help me have such a potent feeling before my dear hubby dropped such a piece of information on me. Since then we have been preparing for the assignment and although it will be hard to be a full-time mommy 24/7, I feel up to the challenge - with an increased babysitting budget!! :)

1 comment:

idahomayos said...

Oh good luck! Having just completed 3 months as a 24/7 single mommy I send a huge "shout out"! to you! Best wishes. Wow, the things we do to "further careers!" It will be worth it and you can do it!! Best Wishes!!