Jun 23, 2008

A Little Behind - as usual!

Ok, so I was cleaning up the guest room (that is always available - COME VISIT!) with my hubby on Saturday. He was great to have for muscles as we were not only cleaning up the space, but cleaning out the space and rearranging some big furniture. Love his BIG muscles!

We were talking about some of the things that had happened and I kept saying "I need to blog about that!", so here is my chance to catch up on some of the "stuff" that has happened in our lives lately.

Aedan's Birthday
Our princess turned 4 in early June and as she has been planning her party since the party the year before we knew that she needed to have one! Talking with her and some ideas of our own sealed the deal.
We invited many friends from church and decorated birthday hats (an Aedan Requirement [A.R.]) and aprons that I made for the party. They weren't anything big, just denim from a cute pattern I found from Joanns.com. I liked them because the string to tie them also helped to fit the apron high enough on the kiddo. The kids decorated their aprons and then we had games. Duck, Duck, Goose (another A.R.) and pass the parcel - a game from best we can tell is Canadian in origin since most Americans don't know what it is (my friend that is Canadian introduced me to it and a father at the party that is Canadian knew what it was, but the Americans were clueless :)).
We then ate mini pizzas (part of the reason I wanted the kids to have aprons) and decorated Pink cupcakes (A.R.). Aedan opened her gifts in record time - with the help from big brother - and before we knew it the party was over! I think that everyone had a good time and Aedan LOVES all her new gifts!

Red Robbin & the Cardinals Game
After Aedan's Birthday we napped the kids and then about 3:30pm headed towards downtown Houston to go to the Cardinals v. Astros game. As dad told Aedan: "It's to celebrate your birthday!" hmmmmmm
On the way we stopped at Red Robbins for Aedan's free birthday burger and birthday dessert!
At the restaurant we discovered Chaz had a fever and had caught the flu that Aedan had earlier in the week. He decided to be a trooper and go to the game. The game was great! Good seats and the kids were great until about the 7th inning. The boys and I went for a walk around the discovered the Reliant Energy Free Photo Booth.


We also went to the kids area - the Minute Maid Squeeze Play - the boys had a blast. Before we knew it the game was over (and considering it was after 9pm the kids did great!). The Cards won! What a fun birthday!

My new PRINTER
I've been complaining about my old printer off and on. It doesn't scan so well, you have to fax off the glass because the scanning lite won't go all the way to the end so the feeder won't work (I actually fax more than I could have imagined when I got my first 4-in-One). Etc, etc...so Costco's wonderful coupons came in the mail for June and there was a screaming deal on the printer I had been eye-balling since Christmas (better than the after Thanxgiving deal that was good). So I took the plunge (with Coby's blessing - he was tired of hearing me whine). I got the HP Photosmart C7250 All-in-One. The color ink cartridges are all seperate - there is a photo screen on the printer and it has the memory slots for a variety of memory cards! It prints crystal clear - even on the 'draft' setting! I LOVE IT! Thanx hon!

1 comment:

Betony said...

Holy cow! That's quite the party! My 4yr old is constantly going on about his next birthday party too, and it's not until Dec! Hope you don't mind, I got your blog from Susan's blog, which I in turn got from Chip. We are living in TX too! We gotta get together someday, maybe at the ballpark?! Anyway, love your style, girl!