Jan 10, 2008

Mitt's Response

Hi Coby,

Thank you for contacting me regarding issues pertaining to our nation’s veterans. I appreciate your interest in my campaign for President and would like to extend my sincere gratitude for taking the time to share your views on this very important issue with me.

Our men and women serving in uniform, in Iraq and around the world, are an integral part of our nation and we need to be sure we are doing all we can to support them. It is imperative that all our veterans receive the necessary benefits and care they need. Our nation is confronting a new generation of global challenges, which requires a greater investment in our military and expansion of our Armed Forces.

As Governor of Massachusetts I was able to help create the Welcome Home Bill, a part of the Massachusetts G.I. bill. One of the many benefits of this bill included tuition and fee waivers for veterans at state and community colleges and fee waivers for members of the Massachusetts National Guard. Another part of the bill entailed awarding high school diplomas to eligible veterans of World War II, Korea, and Vietnam.

I have been, and will continue to be, a strong proponent of veteran’s issues. My track record of advocating for veterans as Governor of Massachusetts demonstrates my commitment to protecting those who serve our country, and I will continue to work on their behalf as President of the United States. Our soldiers and their families make countless sacrifices every day to help keep our homeland secure.

I am running for President because I fervently believe that I have the experience and vision to address the issues facing our country. Throughout my years in both the private and public sectors, I have been successful by pursuing innovation and transformation. If there ever were a time for change in Washington, it is now.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I encourage you to visit my website at www.MittRomney.com for updated information on other issues that may be of interest to you. I look forward to hearing from you in the future, and earning your support.

Mitt

2 comments:

idahomayos said...

GO MITT!!! Hi to the Long Family! Got your "New Year's Card" today. So fun, you have a beautiful family!!! Loved finding the link to your blog on it too. I've added you on my friends list so we will check up on you often:) Check us out... www.idahomayos.blogspot.com

Carli said...

Very cool. Way to get involved!