Jan 17, 2008

Dumping Debt

My mom, gotta love her, has asked me to give a class at their Stake Women's Conference on getting out of debt, titled - What Do I Do Now?. I am by no means an expert since we still have student loans that are older than our children and credit cards that just never seem to have a $0 balance (we are working on that though). I have to admit that we are very much better off than when we were in college (I think that goes for just about everyone) and we are much smarter with our $$. We took the Financial Peace University course by Dave Ramsey at the church where Chaz goes to preschool last Spring and that was motivating, but again, does not make me an expert.

Does anyone have any practical advise about this topic that I can share with my classes in waiting? I have scoured the Internet (mostly lds.org, providentliving.org and byub.org) for talks, shows - any insight! I have found some, but I love giving real life advise and stories. I have some of my own to share, but would love to hear from other people. I will hand out the "One for the Money" booklet and the new pamphlet that was in the September Ensign and base most of the class on those - but again...any help, advise??

We went to the temple last Friday and I took my concern to the Lord. I felt very peaceful, but now that I am back in "reality" and sitting in front of my computer trying to make a PowerPoint presentation and the worry returns (I can't even find a "design" I like for my slides!). So I return to my knees for the peace I felt and the ability I know can only come from a LOVING Heavenly Father who knows the needs of those whom I will teach and teach me through the Spirit what I need to know. What a blessing that is in life!

2 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Codi, it is so good to hear from you! We love it here in Mobile. We've lived here for 2 years now and will be here for another 2. Your family is so cute! They are so grown up. It is crazy how the years seem to fly by now. I'm glad you looked us up.

Liberty

Mike and Sarah said...

Why don't you teach them some of what you have learned in the Dave Ramsey class?