Jan 8, 2009

My Baby Brother (not so 'baby' anymore)!

I wanted to quickly mention something that has made me appreciate my "baby" bro. When I found out Cyle was deploying to Iraq this past week I wanted to make the 3 hr. drive up to Killeen (Ft. Hood) to see him before he left. After trying to work out the logistics, etc. we (Cyle and I) decided that a phone call before he left would be fine. I was perfectly ok with that plan until I was sitting in R.S. on Sunday and out of the blue was hit with a strong feeling that I needed to go see him.

After church was over I texted my brother to let him know I needed to talk to him ASAP (he was in church...don't tell Elder Oaks ;) ). I tried calling him once also and the after the 2nd call I got ahold of him (between meetings). I explained my prompting totally ready to ignore, down play or defend it when he said "if you got the prompting then you better do it". End of discussion. We planned for the kids and I to load up and meet him for an early dinner the next day (Monday).

The kids, Amber B., and I made the drive to and from Killeen on Monday (6.5 hrs total) and had a great dinner (thanx Cye) - gave him a quick hug and then we were on the road again.

What a great reminder to me that when the Spirit prompts I need to follow thru and not ignore or down play those feelings. Also, when others tell me they are prompted, I need to only say "if you got the prompting then you better do it" and not question or down play their promptings!

Thanx Cyle for the opportunity to learn!

1 comment:

Speaks Family said...

It took me a minute to figure out what you meant by Elder Oaks but then it clicked. That was too funny. I think he would definitely consider that spirit of the law.