Jan 9, 2009

All good things must end

As my time here in Alaska is coming to a close and I have less than a week left...YAY!!!...I thought I would share my final thoughts.

When I arrived in this beautiful state back in August I was ready to go and take on all that it could throw at me...fleeting daylight, cold weather, and whatever. As my time has gone on and my perspective has changed a little I have learned a few things or remembered a few things...not sure which is the best way to put it. But one thing I always knew was family is the most important thing along with the love of our Father in Heaven. Times have been great and I had fun, but there were times where it was hard for me emotionally and spiritually but I have gained much from this Alaskan experience and wouldn't trade it for the world...well maybe next time have the family with me so they can enjoy it as much as I did...even the - 20 degrees we have "enjoyed" these last couple weeks.

My next assignment in Borger is one that I am looking forward to, one because Codi and the kids will be with my and two it will be a great learning experience for me and a growth for my career. We bloom where we are planted in our family and I know the sun shines in the Texas panhandle.

No comments: