Dec 25, 2008

How Blessed I Am!

Today is Christmas and for most parents with small children excited about Santa Claus it was a early morning. It started fast and furious with presents being opened, breakfast made, showers and getting dressed to face the day, Wii set-up, and getting ready for friends to come over. We had a good day playing the Wii as a family and then when friends came over there was plenty of food and friends to enjoy. After tidying up, PJs & medicine for the kids, and saying good night (so glad dad is home to tuck them in to bed) I had a moment to sit and think.

I was struck how blessed I am to have a family with 3 beautiful/handsome, smart, healthy kids. A husband who provides so well for our family and makes personal sacrifices (6 months alone in AK) - who loves me no matter how much of a toot I am sometimes. I'm grateful for a family - extended - who stays in touch, has fun together, and likes each other.

I am blessed to live in a free land, a PROMISED land. I am so grateful for those that will fight for that opportunity in other lands, putting their own life on the line for others. I am blessed to be related to such individuals, not only in this generation, but in previous generations.

I am blessed to believe in Jesus Christ. I am blessed to know of His love for me - for EVERYONE! I am blessed to work with AMAZING women both in church and in other areas of my life. I am blessed to have a love of the scriptures and the true doctrines they teach. I'm grateful that a loving Heavenly Father has blessed me with the capacity to understand, apply, and teach.

In general, this Christmas like so many before, I realize I AM BLESSED. I bet others feel that way in their lives. As the Hymn states, "Count your many blessings name them one by one...and it will surprise you what the Lord has done!"

P.S. When Coby came downstairs after putting the kids in bed and found me blogging he was shocked - I guess that means it has been too long. Hopefully this next year I will get much better! :)

3 comments:

xoxo --c. said...

Wow, what a tender way you express yourself. How wonderful you actually wrote it down. You and your family are such an addition of 'glory' to our family -- We love you -- mom

Aubrey said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
P.S. - I got your Christmas card your kids are so cute.

Emily said...

How nice to read!

So, what does an "early" morning consist of at your house? 3am? You better be a good blogger this year so I can keep up with the Long family!