Mar 4, 2008

While the Mom's away...

Well day two are coming to a fast close and the kids and I are still alive. Codi is at her parents' house visiting for the week. Clint was in from Korea and will soon be heading off to the deserts of Iraq. She will also be teaching a class at a women's conference on Saturday. So while mom is away the kids and I get to "party"...lots of story time and "restaurant" time...last night it was frozen pizza before the gym and tonight it was chicken nuggets and peanut butter sandwichs. I talked them out of Chick-fil-a or Whataburger. After a long days work it wasn't easy finding the energy to wrangle them in a restaurant or really even cook a good meal. The kids have been great and have behaved better than expected. What happens when Codi and I are together is a mystery. The kids pray for her each night and at meals...I am sure she will be well watched over until we pick her up on Saturday night. Then Monday morning it will be my turn to head out for the week for work only to come home for a week then travel again and come home on my birthday. Nothing like coming home to family on a birthday.

2 comments:

Melisa said...

Wow, you guys are really busy!

Carli said...

thanks for making it work so she could come. we are having a blast!