Mar 5, 2008

Another Day gone by

Tonight we got the actual experience of restaurant night...we went to King Burger as Chaz calls it. "They have the biggest play land you know dad, and it's on the way to my school" direct quote from our beloved 5 year old. So we go to Burger King tonight, not my choice, and I guess I am getting old because the kids in High School seem to be more punks or just really rude. We were trying to get our drinks and these kids were cutting in front of my darlings and I thought Gavin was about to go UFC on one of these kids. This one had the full peach fuzz gansta beard thing going, looked more funny than anything. Anyway, the kids were just looking at these punks and I think Aedan even said excuse me you are in my way. I totally loved it, miss priss afraid of her shadow is taking on some high school punks and Gavin was ready to strike...the whole time Chaz is getting his straw ready for beverage consumption. After all that we sat down everyone ate like champs and then played for 20 min and then we came home and took showers. All is still going well but we sure do miss having mom at home. Being a single parent is not the easiest or most fun job in the world.

2 comments:

xoxo --c. said...

you're doin' great as a single parent! and teaching those kids to stick up for themselves too.

Grandpa loved the cards they made for his b-day and especially the cute video they all made for him. Can't believe how big Gavin is getting and how cute Aedan is w/ her new haircut and how self-possessed Chaz is. Wonderful fammily.

Love you! Thanx for making it possible for Codi Jane to be here. She & her dad went over her presentation tonite -- she's got some great materials she's gleaned fr/ her hours of research.

Ta Ta -- oxoxo mom a.

The Carey Family said...

I forgot to tell you that Aedan prayed the next morning that you would go to Burger King again if it was ok with mom and dad. I love listening to the important things to kids and it always really comes out in their prayers! TOO CUTE!
Shannon