Feb 4, 2010

The Pledge of Alliegence??

Gavin came home from preschool today and had a certificate which said "Congratulations to Gavin who can say the "Pledge of Allegiance". I asked him to tell me the Pledge - this is how it goes (in Gavin's mind anyway):

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,
and to the Republic ... who believeth in Him shall not perish
but have Everlasting Life. Amen."

I think that he has gotten Primary and Preschool mixed up, but I believe the scripture about "out of the mouth of babes" is right on the money...how TRUE would this Pledge be?? I believe the "Proclamation to the World" on the Family says this, just in more words.

Had to share, this totally tickled me!

3 comments:

Leighanna said...

That is awesome! I love it!!!

Treechaser said...

That's better than the real pledge. I love it! I remember thinking President Kimball was the President of the US for the longest time. Funny how we get everything mixed up, eh?

Bryn said...

That's awesome!