Jan 10, 2010

Halloween & November...lots of travel!

We went to Gpa & Gma Adair's for Halloween. Mom got a new computer and so we went over there to help her set-up the new one; "sucking the guts" out of the old one and transferring it to the new one. The benefit for doing this, besides getting to have a fun weekend with Gpa & Gma, was that the kids inherited the old computer. They now have their own and I LOVE IT! No more messing with mom's computer. Aedan ontime opened so many windows (over 21) that it froze my computer and NOTHING but a cold shut-off would get it moving again.

The beginning of Novemeber I was able to take a trip to Las Vegas for my cousins wedding. Although we wanted to take the whole family, when we got down to the nitty-gritty it just wasn't going to work. With the budget, schedule, and real life considered, we decided I got to go ALONE! We have plenty of frequent flyer miles to pay for the ticket and with family there it was a cheap (and quick) trip. The sealing was awesome, the reception WONDERFUL, and I had a BLAST reconnecting with family and bonding with my most awesomest cousin (you know who you are...)! It was a much needed break from the kids and Borger. Coby was a trooper to take time off to be a full-time dad for 4.5 days (Thurs afternoon - Mon nite) and I was ready to resume my status as mom, wife, housekeeper, accountant, head chef, laundry goddess, taxi service, and whatever else I'm sure I could put on my resume when I returned.

Over Thanxgiving we traveled to Missouri...this was fun! We drove to OKC the first night and stayed with some friends from college. It was such a late night catching up with them, but what a great time we had!! Once in MO, we stayed with Gpa & Gma Lawrence (parents of Coby's "big brother" from the Big Brother/Big Sister program years ago - some of the only people from Coby's hometown we are still in touch with) who were above and beyond in their graciousness, generosity, and kindness to our family. They are truely an example of Christ-like love. We got to see some of Coby's dad's family on Thanxgiving night and had fun catching up with them. Because of Coby's family dynamics Coby didn't have much contact with his dad's family until about 4 years ago, so we are getting to know them better. Coby also reconnected with one of his oldest friends and on our way home we stayed with a great friend from my days in San Diego. It was so much fun to see her and meet her family!

No comments: