Aug 23, 2009

Catching Up - the condensed version

Coby has posted, but I've been silent for quite a while. I would like to blame it on the move, but I think a better excuse would be a general lack of motivation. This move has been hard (I guess in retrospect all the moves have been a challenge in one form or another)! After 6 months we have: moved into our house, made it a home; the kids finished one school year and are about to start another; become a force for good in our small ward; learned that the nearest Super Walmart is 30 minutes away (in Pampa) and my parents are about 3 1/2 hours away (a quick drive); reconnected with friends from college; found out Coby LOVES what he does (lucky man) and has a good management team behind him; been told the next project is probably cancelled so we will be moving again; discovered the ABQ zoo is AWESOME; gotten a dog from the pound and named her Princess Winnie the Pujols (the princess part was Aedan's idea, the rest was from Coby); had a VERY successful garage sale (made over $400); just tried to make this small town a place we belong.

Borger has been very hard for me because although in this small town everyone is friendly, no one wants to actually be a friend. I have gotten involved on a committee for the school district and I'm PTO treasurer at one of the kids' school (all pre-K and K in one school, 1 & 2 in another, 3 & 4 in another; 5 in another; 6-8 another - then HS - CRAZY) and love being Gospel Doctrine teacher at church (I guess you could say I "campaigned" for the calling and got it [the Bishop asked what callings I liked and I told him my favorite...] - although I LOVED being in the RS Pres too). I also play the piano for RS (this isn't an official calling and it isn't very good - even using the super easy hymns book I ordered from Church Dist), but it is better than the acapella we were singing when I first got here.

The kids and I tried to stay busy this summer, but there isn't a ton to do here. No playdates could be found (people don't even go to birthday parties here, it is strange!), etc. Luckily we went on a 10 day trip to Durango, Co and Farmington, NM in July for a family reunion and reunion with great friends and in August went to Gpa & Gma's for a week. That helped! Although Chaz won't admit it, they are ALL ready to head to school tomorrow morning and I have to admit I am MORE THAN READY!

Chaz will be in 1st, Aedan in K, and Gavin in preschool 2 mornings a week. What will I do with all that alone time??? :)

1 comment:

xoxo --c. said...

Well, for starters, you could make sure no 36" Bill (make that Bull) Snakes get into your house again!! Happy first day of school...and freedom?? What projects have you been dying to do? Bet you'll love the quiet study time. love m.