Nov 22, 2008

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse

Tonight I write this blog as I am sitting in the Ted Stevens International Airport in Anchorage, AK. I am supposed to be on my way home, but for some reason the delays keep mounting up and I was originally delayed for 45 minutes and then 1 hour 15 minutes. At present my delay is 2 hours. Mind you I am supposed to be on the 0045 flight, so late enough, but now I have to manage to stay up an extra 2 hours. I tried to take a nap before I came to the airport but I think the excitement of knowing I am going home to see Codi and the kids was too much for me to nap. Best laid plans they say. There is some solace to this whole thing. Continental is giving us snacks as we wait, a free flight would be nice, but beggars can't be chosers. If I have one thing I can't complain about is the fact that I was smart enough to upgrade my seat to first class several weeks ago. I hope this will allow me to get some rest, or not be so uncomfortable, it is an 8 hour flight. I am just ready to be home.

1 comment:

idahomayos said...

Ohh, we're feelin' for you. We know how excited you must be to see your family. Best Wishes for a safe and timely :) flight home! Hope you have a great visit.