Sep 10, 2008

Above the Arctic Circle

Today was my first time going up to the North Slope of Alaska...technically north slope of the Brooks Mountain range. Pretty awesome place...look at a map of Alaska, go all the way to the top find Prudhoe Bay/Dead Horse and go to the West about 25 miles and that is where I am. On the flight up I got to see the most amazing creation...Mt. McKinley in all of its glory...absolutely unbelievable. Today as we got off the plane it was snowing and 35 degrees or so. Best of all I have cell service from Verizon pretty sweet.



Me in my Arctic Survival Gear. I don't have to wear this yet, but soon enough when I come back up here I will have to.

2 comments:

Mikayla Skouson said...

You look like me in the winter time. But I'm sure it is alot colder where you are. I am just a wimp

xoxo --c. said...

Holy To-Mo-ly!! Sasquach!! I guess they keep track of you better in a snow storm or white out if you have that suit on -- very very cool!! What a great site that must have been to see Mt McKinley!!!

You know, Mikayla, -- I bet it gets colder @ BYU-Idaho than it does @ the North Slope. NOTHING like that Idaho wind sweeping across campus!

Coby -- has the Palin Fever died down any up there? She's quite the gal -- the media can't get enough of her.

Take care of yourself.